"A&E Broken Arm....."

About: Lincoln County Hospital

My paramedics were spot on, cannot fault them at all. The problems started when I arrived at A&E. Long wait to get processed which was due to staff change over, cant be helped but too much staff chit chat if am honest. Eventually taken to a bay off A&E next to a chatterbox person who spoke very loudly. Relieved when her friend was taken off for Xray so I had peace and quiet. Looked on the floor and spotted a dirty dressing with blood on it, it wasn't mine so didn't install confidence in the hospital. Had to ask 4 times for painkillers, don't know what the delay was as staff seemed very busy chatting! I work for the NHS and I am sorry but I fine this hospital a disgrace! I hope I dont get admitted with a serious problem. Newark hospital is so much better. Instead of changing the sling the paramedic gave me I was sent on my way with a replacement sling to change myself!

Response from Lincoln County Hospital

I am sorry - your experience clearly was not good and I know the A&E team will be equally disappointed to read this. Picking up the issues you raise I can sympathise when other patients may be noisy as it can be hard enough when you are felling unwell or in pain let alone having more noise and disruption; I am sure you appreciate that this can be difficult to manage but the staff do generally try and keep the department calm. I am sorry about the dirty dressing - that isn’t good enough; if a cubicle has been vacated it should be checked before another patient goes in - I have passed this onto the A&E team to reiterate the importance of this. I am sorry too that you had to wait for painkillers; as you work for the NHS I am sure you appreciate that there may be some legitimate delays in some circumstances but if there were these were not explained to you and I am sorry for this. We didn’t get it right for you; that is clear but we do appreciate your feedback and please be assured that it has been shared with the team. Thank you again.