"Deformed finger"

About: Hemel Hempstead Hospital

Went into Hemel urgent care center to have post dislocated X-rays, was seen within half an hour and then seen by a nurse almost immediately! The nurse was caring and friendly and brought other specialists to check out my funny looking finger, they all agreeded on a decision and referred me to the hand clinic. As I am a regular visitor to hospitals due to my hyper mobility I found that Hemel urgent care was quick efficient and organised. The nurses were friendly and seemed to have a general interest in your care unlike Luton and Dunstable which I certainly do not reccomemd. Obviously waiting times vary at different periods but remember as long as you are sen within the 4 hour band it's still meeting the quota. Therefore any time before that is normally a surprise! But brilliant service and staff aim to please.

Response from Antony Tiernan, Director of Corporate Affairs and Communications, Communications and corporate affairs, West Herfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust

I have passed your feedback on to the team and I know they will be pleased.

Thanks again for your feedback. I hope your finger is on the mend.

Response from Hemel Hempstead Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to let us have feedback about the care you received from our urgent care centre at Hemel Hempstead Hospital. I'm sorry to hear you've had problems with your finger, but pleased to hear we were able to help. I have passed your feedback on to the team and I know they will be pleased. Thanks again for your feedback. I hope your finger is on the mend. For more information about the work of our hospitals, visit: www.westhertshospitals.nhs.uk or follow us on Twitter: @westhertsnhs. My email if you need to contact me is antony.tiernan@whht.nhs.uk or you can contact me via Twitter: @AntonyTiernan.