"Exemplary day care."

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I was recently admitted as a day patient for a needle biopsy on my lung. The treatment I got from the CT scanner and X-Ray staff was absolutely exemplary. The procedure was very clearly outlined to me and I was able to discuss it with the Doctor, Registrar and Specialist nurse. The procedure itself, whilst not pleasant, was made so much easier because of their care and attention. I received a post procedure visit from the Doctor who briefed me on the result. The staff in the recovery room were extremely pleasant and kept a close eye on me along with providing me with a light lunch.and subsequent cups of coffee. A member of the nursing staff also accompanied me to the front door and stayed with me until my wife arrived to pick me up. Top marks to all.

Response from Lorraine Kelly, Communications Manager, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thanks for your comments. Hearing about positive experiences really motivates our staff, and helps us identify where we’re getting things right so we can share good practice across all of our services.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital