"Visit to A&E"

About: Stafford Hospital

I visited Stafford A&E yesterday (25th September 2013), the staff were very helpful, good at giving information and explaining about procedures, waiting times etc. I had an eye accident and was seen by a nice lady doctor, who's job was hampered by essential equipment not working. I got the feeling that no one was investing in this hospital and wondered why. They referred me to Wolverhampton Eye Hospital with an appointment for today. It was not a pleasant experience I can tell you. I'd be more than happy to go back to Stafford but never in a million years will I return to New Cross.

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Ms Stevens

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback about your recent experience in A&E. I am delighted to hear that you were treated so well by the A&E team and would feel confident should you need to return. I have shared your feedback with both the A&E Matron and Manager who will look into your concerns raised about the equipment. I can assure you that the Trust are committed to ensure patient care is not comprimised through faulty equipment and this will be addressed accordingly.

Kind Regards