"My daughter has stayed in the ..."

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

My daughter has stayed in the hospitals childrens ward numerous times. However her longest stay was in december of last year. The staff on the wad are exceptional , they are friendly , polite and most of all keep calm and collected in urgent situations. The care offered to my daughter from the the nurses , doctors and assistants is of a veryy high standard and i now dont panick in an emergency as i have been taught how to deal with my daughters attacks.

The food could be improved , although my daughter was off her food , it was awful it was all very cold. Also my daughter has quite severe asthma and does not like the ''Spacer'' had i not been studying play with children , i wouldnt have known how to deal with my daughers phobia of this peice of medical equipment. I think ther should be more for children and babies with asthma in oldham.

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

Thanks for your feedback about the children's ward. We'll pass on your comments. We're working closely with Oldham Primary Care Trust to improve services for patients with asthma.