"The care given in our local hospital"

About: North Devon District Hospital / General medicine

(as a parent/guardian),

My daughter has recently had a four week admission to Glossop ward of NDDH. The care given was first class, medical and nursing.

At one point her condition was described as 'desperately ill' and she suffered a massive bleed. I cannot fault her treatment. The staff were so attentive, kind and reassuring. The care given by nurses and doctors exceptional.

My daughter's problems are alcohol related and she has, on previous admissions (not to Glossop) received sub standard care and unnecessary attitudes. That was far from the case this time.

I am very grateful to all the staff for their expertise, skills, warmth and kindness.

It is a well run ward with excellent team work and I felt so reassured that my daughter was receiving the care of the highest standard, whatever the outcome.

Dear Parent

Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind comments on the website; I was saddened to see that previous stays had not been so good, but very pleased to see that your daughter recieved such good care during this recent four week stay, which must have been such a worrying time for you. I do hope she is continuing to make a full recovery.

I have forwarded your comments on to the ward manager, as I know she would wish to share them with all the ward staff concerned.

Jayne