"Very little. Communication between ..."

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

Very little. Communication between staff, patient and family members was extremely poor.

Some professionals were hard-working, kind and very caring. Sadly, others were not so good, giving the impression that they were there just to perform a job. Those practitioners put little thought into the planning and delivery of care. The care given at the Royal Oldham is in stark contrast with that provided by other hospitals in the North West.

A friend trained as a nurse at the Royal Oldham. Her comment to me at the end of a visit - "I used to be very proud of being a nurse now I am ashamed to say I trained here". I can see her point, I would be too!

Standard of care given by some health care professionals

Infection control

Restrictive visiting times

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

We're sorry to hear that the hosptial didn't fully meet your expectations. We are working hard on all of the issues which you mention, through a mixture of training and service developments. Regarding visiting times, our new Visitor Code standardises these to help with infection prevention and dignity/privacy issues - more information is available at www.pat.nhs.uk