"Always treated with consideration and compassion"

About: Herts & Essex Community Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics Princess Alexandra Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

Just to say that over a period of several years I have been in both PAH and Herts & Essex Hospital and received excellent care both as an outpatient and inpatient.

My circumstances are difficult as I am severely disabled, due to polio as a child (am now aged 73) and therefore am confined to an electric wheelchair which enables me to be independent. Staff at the Hospitals have always helped me with consideration and compassion in getting me in and out of my chair on to Hospital Couches etc.

the same courtesy and help was there whenI was an inpatient for a shoulder operation. Your Consultants too are excellent, Mr. Saw in particular. I am more than pleased to have such an excellent Hospital so near to my home ..

Response from Shahid Sardar, Head of Patient Engagement, Patient Safety and Quality, The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust

Dear Ann,

Thank you so much for such a lovely piece of feedback. I know all of our teams are trying desperately hard to ensure we maintain the excellent services we have developed over so many years and although you had a good experience, I also know we don't always get it right!

When that happens please do make contact and we will help resolve any questions you may have on 01279 827084 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. The Patient Experience Team are always ready to take your call.