"Hydrocele repair disaster !!!!"

About: Rochdale Infirmary

I recently underwent a day surgery hydrocele repair at Rochdale Infirmary. At first the day went well I was greeted properly and treated nicely. Then considering I was scheduled to be the first down in the morning at 11 I was told that there was no anaesthetist and that it would be some considerable time. Eventually I had the procedure done and was discharged quickly. After 24 hours I contacted the day surgery unit, and requested another scrotal support as the one they had left me in was covered in a substance from theatre. Surely this is an infection risk. I was told point blank, no. On top of that I then get taken to my nearest a and e centre being nmgh where I am admitted to the surgical triage unit and am then informed that the surgeon may have caused an infection in the wound inside as they have not closed the wound correctly. The remedy to this possibly another invasive,operation. All in all no confidence in Rochdale what so ever and not even the NHS.

Response from Rochdale Infirmary

We are sorry to read your comment regarding your visit to the Urology department at Rochdale Infirmary. If you wish to discuss your concerns, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897.