"Maternity care"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I had my daughter on 21st August 2013 in the consultant led labour unit and couldnt have asked for better care. I was induced the day before and had a midwife who did her very best to ensure the pain I was in was under as much control as possible. My husband was allowed to stay with me the whole time and even when I was moved to the labour ward to control pain better. he was allowed to stay even though established labour hadnt occured yet due to the pain I was in. The next day I had another team of midwives who also treated us with such great respectand did their very best to make sure we had all we needed. My midwife who delivered our baby was so amazing that even with a compound delivery I didnt nerd any stitches. She helped me to stay focus and doing everything she said to do, my second stage of labour occurred very quickly. Everyone was very calm and helped the procrss of our first birth to go well although we had a few worries, such as spine to spine labour and decellerations of the babys heart beat. The team were so amazing throughout it all. But the thing that stood out the most for us, was that all the midwives who cared for me throughoutboth days of induction and labour came round the next day to see how we were getting on even though they were not looking after me on that day. outstanding care and support! I am so greatful and highly recommend this hospital!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with great feedback about your experience of having your baby with us at QEQM. We are very proud of staff who do aim to provide a personalised service. I am so glad that everything went well for you under quite difficult circumstances. I will make sure that staff receive your feedback.

Best wishes to you and your baby.