"Medical records weren't checked before eye injection"

About: King's Mill Hospital / Ophthalmology

I go to the hospital for regular treatment for my eyes involving injections into my eyes. On a recent visit one eye started to bleed following the injection and took some time to stop bleeding. My eye is still red so there may still be some bleeding internally.

When the injection had been given and my eye started to bleed I asked the person who had treated me if they were aware that I was on anti-coagulant drug. This was when they looked at my notes and discussed with the nurse the particular anti-coagulant I was on.

I feel my notes should have been looked at before the treatment, not afterwards.

I had called the eye clinic when my anti-coagulant treatment started so that they would be able to take this into consideration when giving me treatment.

I felt that the atmosphere in the waiting room became less relaxed when this particular person is known to be in the clinic.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for your comments, these will be fed back to the Ophthalmology Team. If you would like to discuss this in more detail please contact our Customer Services team on 01623 672222 (open Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.00pm).