"Excellent and fast treatment in the Eye Casualty..."

About: Southampton General Hospital

On Tuesday of this week I visited the Eye Casualty department with reference to floaters and flashing lights in my eye, the receptionist listened attentively and made me an appointment for the Thursday at 9.30 (which is the time they give everyone to attend) I was concerned I might be kept waiting, however I arrived 9.20 on the Thursday and was seen within 5 minutes! A false reading on pressure made them concerned and I was immediately seen by the eye specialist who made a thorough examination and explained very thoroughly about the condition I have and put my mind at rest. An explanation leaflet of the condition was given to me so that I know what to look out for and I have the 24 hours telephone number. The staff from reception all the way through are friendly, attentive and extremely efficient.

Response from Southampton General Hospital

Thank you very much for posting such positive feedback about your visit to our Eye Unit. We were pleased to read that your visit went well and that your mind has been put at rest about your eye condition. Please be assured we will share your kind feedback with the staff.