"Collecting Feedback from CAMHS"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services – Community(County)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Involvement visited Thorneywood on the morning of 12th September to gather some more feedback for the Patient Feedback Challenge.

Below are 5 statements that we were able to collect about peoples' experiences:

"The waiting room is always clean, warm and comfortable.. Also nice to have cold water available during hot weather. ”

“Not enough parking.

Informative information on notice boards.

Plenty of toys for young children.

Yellow is not a good colour for ASD Kids. ”

“Down at Harpen Villa waiting in outpatients clinic. The door that CAMHS nurses come through to collect young people for their appointment is really squeaky. Could it be oiled? ”

“Think it should be less yellow. Seats are comfy. Toy area to small for me. ”

“TV be switched on. Seats are comfy, easy to get in find it. ”

Response from Richard Glover, Team leader, CAMHS South, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS trust We have made a change

Thank you very much for the feedback provided via the Patient Feedback Challenge. I am pleased to hear that the waiting area is proving comfortable for our patients and families. This area, its contents and particularly its decor have been, and are continuing to, undergo a period of transformation from a group of young people who have already begun to redecorate.

As well as painting one of the internal walls with a mural they are also considering the contents of the room, I.e. magazines, toys, seating, T.V., etc.. In relation to the television this has become a priority for me and I can assure you that I intend to have this operating in the very near future.

Many thanks