"Sent to west suffolk as suspected hart attack"

About: West Suffolk Hospital

I am writing this review on my wifes behalf - She has been admitted to west suffolk Hospital - she was sent via ambulance from her GP surgery as a suspect hart attack case - Whiles in the A & E we saw a dr who was looking after my wifes case - he printed off her notes and commented that with her condition she could expect back pain so my wife asked what condition to which he said with cancer it can travel you know!.. My wife and i just looked shocked and realed back in disbelife .... as he was leaving the cubical he turned and appologised as on one side of the notes was my wifes name and on the other side was another patients name... Oh you dont have cancer im sorry thats another paients notes on yours ! then when the Ddr came back and my wife was taken to xray i asked what was causing these sessions as she had been admitted by ambulance some months before I found the doctor rude and patronising in his reply and very vauge indeed - this is just part of the expiereance of west suffolk and there is a lot more that can be said about the poor treatment and poor way that staff treat patients like a piece of meat or idots ? i am not sure what training they get these days but my wife was a senior casualty nurse and tutor in London and she was very suprised how poor it all was? I am just concerned that notes can be mixed in this way ?

Response from West Suffolk Hospital

Thank you for posting your concerns on this website. We would urge you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service in order that we can address, and have better understanding of, the problems you and your wife encountered whilst at the hospital. You can contact PALS by email: PALS@wsh.nhs.uk or by calling 01284 712555.