"Positive CaSH Clinic / Smear Test Experience"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Kirklees Sexual Health

I attended my local CaSH clinic (Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire) for a discussion regarding my implant, which I had fitted in May. I called on Monday and was able to get an appointment by Tuesday afternoon. On Tuesday morning I received a letter in the post regarding my next cervical screening being due, so thought I would ask if I could make an appointment to have this done too when I saw the nurse. I arrived for my appointment 5 minutes before time and was seen straight away. The nurse (who I had seen before) was very kind and understanding and listened to everything I had to say before offering a treatment option which I was happy with. I mentioned the screening letter and she suggested that I have the smear carried out there and then to avoid the inconvenience of having to come back again. Overall I had a very positive experience and would definitely go back to this clinic again for similar issues rather than visiting my GP.

Response from Louise Thornton, Customer Engagement Manager , Adults Planned and Health and Wellbeing Business Unit, Locala Community Partnerships

Thank you very much Daisy88 for your lovely comment and taking the time to write something on patient Opinion.

As a service we welcome all feedback and it is always great to receive some about a positive experience.

I will pass this on to the nurses at Cleckheaton clinic.

Thank you again.