"A&E visit"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

Had to visit a&e late at night (which extended into the early hours). Cannot thank the staff enough. I was in some considerable discomfort and also mildly panicked! The staff were brilliant. I did have to wait but that's only to be expected in an a&e department and when the people in front of you are just as unwell and small children/elderly patients you can't really grumble can you! The young doctor who treated me was professional: he spoke to me, not at me; made me feel like I was his top priority and explained that they would go for a 'rule out the most serious possibilities first' approach. This meant when they were able to discharge me later that morning I went home feeling that it uad been thoroughly investigated. A&E departments often get a bit of a bashing so wanted to make sure people knew of my very positive experience at Medway.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback your positive experience. I am very pleased to hear your comments. I do hope you're feeling much better now. Inmaculada Diaz Alonso Clinical Lead, Emergency Department inmaculada.diaz-alonso@medway.nhs.uk 01634 830000 x3322