"I was told I could wait up to six weeks to be contacted for urgent referral"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / Cardiology

(as a service user),

In late August I visited my GP because I had been experiencing chest pain. He examined me and decided to refer me to the Rapid Response Chest Pain Clinic at the Princess Royal Hospital.

He told me that I would be seen by them within two weeks. Nine days later I received a letter from TRAQS telling me that the referral had been passed to the cardiology team at the hospital and they would contact me "in due course". It also said that if I heard nothing within 6 weeks to let them know!

Since my GP had clearly viewed my referral as urgent, I contact him about this. He said he would deal with it and I receive a telephone call from the cardiology unit before the end of that day.

I attended the offered appointment in early September.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

I am really glad to hear that this wass resolved to your satisfaction, but sorry to hear of the poor initial communication between the practice and the TRAQS service. This is great feedback to help ensure that the TRAQS service works well for patients - after all, we wouldn't be here without patients!