"Post operative"

About: Fairfield General Hospital

Underwent diagnostic laparoscopy yesterday. Nursing staff on Day Service Unit were a credit to the nhs and couldn't do enough for you even though they were extremely busy. However I feel disappointed that my wound wasnt dressed as it has been done on my previous laparoscopies which left me bleeding over my gown and bedding, I don't know any details of my investigation, no doctor or anaesthetist came to visit me and explain my operation or any details of aftercare. No after surgery information given apart from a list of hospital numbers. No wound aftercare explained, no details of what time I was given my meds so I knew when it was safe to take my next dose at home. Second time in 4 weeks I've been disappointed with service provided by this hospital.

Response from Fairfield General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comments regarding your visit to the Day Service unit at Fairfield General Hospital. If you would like us to look into your concern, please could you contact the Patients Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897.