"Overall: very impressed"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

This hospital has had some bad press recently, and as a healthcare professional working in a trust that gets very good press, I wasn't expecting much when I was admitted for an acute illness whilst staying in the area. However, I thought on the whole, the experience was brilliant, except for a (very) rude receptionists in A&E. The drs and nurses in A&E and the ward i was an inpatient on (3A) were absolutely brilliant - thorough examination, excellent nursing and support staff, the food was good and my healthcare plan was discussed with each of the drs I saw. I would attend again if I become unwell in the area. Thank you for taking such good care of me.

Dear anonymous - thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback - on the one hand the fact that you are a healthcare provider yourself adds a certain 'sharpness' to your experience even though we of course aim to provide the best care to all our patients - I think a little inside knowledge makes us possibly a little more critical so I know the team on 3A will be delighted to read your feedback.

I note your experience about the rude receptionist in A&E and I have passed this onto the team - that is not acceptable.

I hope you don’t need our services again; wishing you good health.