"Replacement Heart Valve "

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Cardiology Golden Jubilee National Hospital / Cardiac Surgery

I was diagnosed as needing a replacement valve at the end of January at Crosshouse Hospital in Kilmarnock and referred on to the Golden Jubilee. The attention received at my first visit at point of contact the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. I was on Mr. Butler's appointment list. He is a remarkable man and his team on the third floor second to none. My whole experience was of quiet efficiency and expertise. Everyone played their part to make it as easy as possible for me to regain my strength both physically and mentally as soon as I could. I was treated with great courtesy and kindness by all personnel and I'm truly grateful to them all for my return to health aided by the help and advice of the Rehab team. Thanks guys take a bow I couldn't have been treated any better if I had been the Queen

Response from Christine McGuinness, Communications Manager, Golden Jubilee National Hospital

Dear Cat pat

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Thank you also for your kind words about your treatment and care here at the Golden Jubilee National Hospital. We will pass this message on to Mr Butler and the team.

Best wishes,

Response from Craig White, Assistant Director, Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

We were delighted to hear of your care experiences when with our colleagues at the Golden Jubilee National Hospital. Patient Opinion provides us with a great tool to ensure that when people have experienced care pathways that involve different NHS Scotland hospitals - you are able to note this when submitting the response.

I hope that your recovery and rehabilitation have progressed well and send you best wishes for the future,

Best regards,