"Nothing but total thanks and admiration for all areas of our local NHS"

About: Rotherham Hospital / Cardiology Rotherham Hospital / Colorectal surgery

It never fails to amaze me when I hear people complain about our NHS and particularly our local services.

I have nothing but total thanks and admiration for all areas of our local NHS. On one occasion when I was in intensive care, about the only thing I can remember was a nurse, I think called Merlin, sitting by my bed all night and holding my hand and comforting me, when I was on the edge, I thought, of dying.

This is just one of lots of superb experiences. I did write a letter of thanks to "ITC" ward and also to the then CEO Brian James.

I cannot fully describe my feelings about how good and caring all the staff, from toilet cleaners up to the highest consultants etc were, and still are to all the patients.

They made me feel that I was, and still are, the one who is receiving their special care.

Yours, with most gracious thanks.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Lead299, thank you for your posting on Patient Opinion, we really appreciate patient feedback and are pleased to hear that your experiences of the care you have received have been superb and that you feel staff were, and still are, good and caring to all the patients.

Your feedback and thanks will be passed on to the staff concerned,

With best wishes,