"Frustrated at waiting for so long"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital (Telford)

My frustration is that as a regular blood donor, having to wait so long (7 weeks) having already had to be taken of the list due to have blood test for low platelets.

I don't know when the decision was made that I didn't need to attend haematology department, but had it been made within the 6 weeks I was told to wait, then personally I would have liked to have been told sooner, so that I could have confirmed sooner.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our request for feedback.

TRAQS are unable to book into haematology clinics and send all referrals over to the hospital via an assessment service. This ensures that the consultant can review the referral and decide whether an appointment is appropriate for the patient.

The hospital is responsible for contacting the patient and informing them of the outcome and this area is outside TRAQS control.

I am sorry that you had to wait longer than expected, however I am sure you can appreciate that this is not something that TRAQS were able to monitor.

Thank you again for taking time to provide us with feedback which is appreciated and helps us to develop the service further for the benefit of patients registered with GP practices within the Telford and Wrekin area.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

I am really sorry to hear about this lack of communication. This is definitely something we can and should improve. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know.