"Thanks to a great team on Brockham Ward"

About: East Surrey Hospital / General surgery

Having spent over 2 weeks in East Surrey Hospital and having my gall bladder removed and an ERCP, I felt that it was only fair that I let others know about the treatment I received during my 'stay'.

The care I received from the nursing team on Brockham was amazing. Despite working their socks off to meet the needs of each of their patients, they did this with a smile of their face whilst using humour to cheer up patients. They were kind, empathic and professional in everything they did - including the occasional kick up the backside when I started to feel a little glum about being in for so long!

The staff team were amazing, as were the porters, POPPA, surgical, endoscopy and x-ray and ultrasound teams that had many dealings with me! My privacy and dignity were respected at all times and attitudes towards patient care made me feel like I was important and not an inconvenience.

What started off to be a horrible and scary event in my life, turned out to still be horrible but less scary due to the fantastic level of care that I received and the commitment to patient care delivered by the individuals that work at East Surrey Hospital.

I would specifically like to thank all of the staff team on Brockham but in particular: Staff Nurse Laura, Staff Nurse Anu, HCA Ana, HCA Gabriella, Sister Soozy, Sister Jeanette and Sister Mandy for providing me with excellent care and many laughs!

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear VickiL

Thank you for the lovely feedback you posted after your 2 week stay on Brockham ward. It's great to hear you were so happy with your care and that the staff cheered you up during what must have been a very stressful fortnight.

I will forward your comments on to the Brockham team as I know they will enjoy reading them.

kind regards