"Receptionist said I would have to be re-referred"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

All parts of the service were excellent. The only thing was when my appointment came through, I was going to be on holiday. So, I rang to change the appointment like it said in the letter (in big red writing) and the receptionist said I would have to be re-referred to doctors to get another appointment.

I explained that the letter said just to ring up to change the appointment (in big red writing). But they were certain I had to be re-referred to the doctors.

Anyway after I would not accept that, they said they would send me another appointment, which came through about 3 weeks later and that date was fine.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced some difficulty in rearranging your appointment. Since your feedback is anonymous, it is not clear if your appointment was arranged by TRAQS or your local practice. From your comments it would appear to be the later, in which case we would have no control over any delay or re-referral.

Nevertheless, I am pleased to note that a new appointment was arranged to your satisfaction.