"Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme"

About: Livewell South West

After having a triple heart bypass in May 2013 I was offered to take part in a Cardiac Rehabilitation programme at the YMCA Plymouth for 6 weeks. I was unsure about doing this but was not pressured into doing so until I had thought about it.

After time and my daughter convincing me I should do it I took the plunge (so to speak) and it was the best thing I could have done. The staff were totally brilliant and gave me my confidence back as well as my life! I was cared for from the moment I sat down in the group each week so my worries of anything happening to me subsided very quickly.

I met some very nice people who had gone through similar to me at each group meeting and built up quite a rapport. It was very enjoyable and I am so glad I took part. The nurses and staff were so lovely and I would like to thank them for such a great job that they are doing! Keep up the good work, thank you!

Response from Wendy Hill, Livewell South West

Dear beatylil

I apologise for the delay in responding, your story was only recently assigned to me.

Very many thanks for your kind feedback and comments following your experience of the cardiac rehabilitation programme.

It is heartening to hear all the benefits you experienced from the programme and will be pleased to share your thanks with the team.

Wishing you ongoing good health.

Kind Regards