"Excellent care"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

I was admitted to the Women's Health unit for a hysterectomy. Having experienced surgery many years ago I was expecting trouble with the anaesthesia, sickness, etc. I was amazed at how smoothly everything went. The gentleman preparing me for the anaesthetic was delightful and calm. When I woke up in the recovery room my watch, dentures were waiting for me and returned very swiftly. This was one of my anxieties, that they would go missing, or be slow coming back to me. I was returned to the ward at about 6pm. Around midnight, the night sister, doing my half hourly obs asked me if I was hungry as I had missed supper. She found me a packet of biscuits. Truly caring, and beyond the call of duty. The following day I experienced the daytime staff, friendly, professional and caring. The food was perfectly palatable....the porridge at breakfast is lovely! I went home that day so cannot pronounce on any long term care! The whole experience was very very positive. My thanks to everyone concerned..

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for providing us with feedback following your operation. I hope that you are continuing to make good progress and I will ensure your comments are fed through to all of the staff.