"Great care after collapse in street"

About: Kettering General Hospital

I collapsed with weakness, heart palpitations and feeling extremely unwell on 7/9/13. The response was fabulous. A paramedic arrived within minutes followed by an ambulance a few minutes later. I was given excellent care by both teams who were professional, caring and very respectful of my dignity. When I arrived at the hospital I was seen quickly and given a third heart trace (the paramedics had done two), a chest x-ray and full blood tests. Throughout I was given explanations by the nurse and the doctor and made to feel that I was in good hands. Luckily nothing serious was found but I was discharged with reassurance and advice. I have nothing but praise for those concerned.

Response from Kettering General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write to express your thanks for the treatment you received. We endeavour to provide our patients with excellent care and I will pass on your thanks to the staff in the department. The staff are always very appreciative when a patient takes the time to respond so once again, thank you.