"Phoned Reception"

About: Watford General Hospital

Phoned reception (15 minute wait) with an urgent enquiry after receiving message from care service. Immediately transferred to the wrong dept. by a non-listening disinterested receptionist. Someone who sounded busy felt compelled to help me and information received. Who is managing reception? Can I have their job please? I notice that it is not even on your list of dept.s despite the fact that they are the only 'Outward facing' and the initial point of contact for all of us. Occured on Sat 7th Sept at 12.50

Response from Watford General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to let us have feedback about making contact with our hospitals. As you can imagine, I am disappointed to hear that it took so long for you to get through and that the receptionist didn't treat you in the way we would like. I have raised this with the team directly and have asked that your feedback is cascaded to relevant staff. I have also asked our communications team to look at how we can extend the information held on our website to include more telephone numbers of relevant departments. That way people won't need to call our switchboard, speeding up the time it takes to make contact. Once again, I apologise for the delay and that you weren't treated in the way I would have wanted.