"Day case surgery"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I recently broke my wrist after a fall and subsequently had a titanium plate fitted. All the staff I have encountered have been fantastic, whether it be in the fracture clinic, X-ray, on the ward or physio. The day I had the op, everyone was great and treated me really well. I was constantly informed of what was going to happen, and when I came round in recovery they knew I was in a lot of pain and took complete care of me, never leaving my side. When I was taken back onto the ward, the same thing happened. I felt almost as if I had my own personal nurse. I cannot praise the staff enough. Following on with the physio, again she has been great. I am still attending as the recovery is a long slow process but she seems determined to find a way to solve the problem. I would definitely choose this hospital again should the need arise.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely comment, I have shared this with the teams involved

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams who were pleased to hear that you had a good experience at our hospital.

Patient and Customer Services Manager