"A&E followed by plastic surgery"

About: Stoke Mandeville Hospital

I visited A&E with a gash in my hand, the wait was long but service appreciated, I was advised to have an explore and repair operation on my hand. Although I was contacted punctually and waited almost two full days in day surgery, the procedure was fitted in eventually. I so appreciated the efforts of the plastic's coordinated with overwhelming number of operations required remained concerned and caring. The ladies at the day surgery reception are excellent, joyful and great fun . I would have liked to communicate with the same doctor throughout , I think I saw 4 in all and a 5th ended up doing the op. , this leaves little chance for personal care . The anesthetist was so good and a real delight . Thank you all so much .. God bless you all for the work you do !

Response from Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

We hope you are recovering well.

Response from Stoke Mandeville Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are pleased that overall you were happy with the care and treatment received, and thank you for your feedback on consistency of staff. We will make sure your comments are fed back to the teams. We hope you are recovering well. Kind regards