"Gall bladder removal jan 2013"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

The surgeon was the kindest most efficient doctor I have ever met. My op was pretty tricky as gall stones were large and many, he still managed to perform keyhole surgery...The hospital is very very clean and wards are very well maintained. The food was comparably excellent . The assistant surgeon was so polite too. Very impressed by this expert care. Now scheduled for a keyhole hysterectomy have no qualms about it. Of course it will be different team altogether. But the actual hospital is so clean. As I understand it, there are as yet no reported cases of MRSA and this is a big thing to me. As standard procedure, I was tested for the bug previous to my op.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am so pleased to hear that you had such a good experience when you had your gall bladder removed. I am also pleased that you found the hospital so clean. We take infection control and cleanliness very seriously and monitor all wards and departments to ensure our high expectations are maintained at all times. Once again thank you for your kind comments.