"Chest infection"

About: St Richard's Hospital

I was taken to St Richard's A & E on the morning of 6-9-2013...i had been experiencing chest pains. At the hospital they quickly took my details, & did ECG's. As i have a heart defect they needed to check my old ECG's to see if they were the same as old ones in changes (coz of my previous surgeries my ECG's can show changes) but as it was they were the same as old ones. They very thorough, did blood tests, gave me the GTN spray (Angina spray) then i had an X-Ray. The X-Ray showed a slight infection on the lungs & they wrote up a prescription for me. But there was never a point where i was left lying there not knowing was going on. They kept me informed, & also although i was lucky & i didn't have anything serious...they never made me feel like i was wasting their time. The staff were all polite & friendly. Cannot fault them in anyway.

Response from St Richard's Hospital

Thank you for your comments. It is really lovely to hear such positive feedback regarding our A&E services at St Richard's. We strive to provide the highest standards of care every time for every patient so it’s a wonderful encouragement to hear that you are happy with the care you received.