"A&E visit at the Royal Alexandra Hospital (RAH) Paisley "

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Accident & Emergency

I recently attended the RAH A&E dept as I had severe pain as a result of a gum infection. I was processed through to the triage dept were they quickly took my details and put me in a queue to see a doctor. After waiting for 30 mins or so I was then called forward and invited in to an examination booth where one of the A&E doctors introduced themselves by their first name, which I liked. The doctor was at all times professional and courteous. The doctor took time to explain why I was experiencing the pain. They then recommended that I receive additional medication. The dosage was explained to me and I was sent home. After taking the medication the pain has eased considerably for which I am very grateful. The service I received from the A&E team at the RAH is first class. I would like to pass on my gratitude and thanks to all.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Very many thanks for taking the time and trouble to provide your kind and considerate feedback.

I will ensure that your thoughtful comments are shared with A&E staff and I am sure they will be thrilled to see this. It is greatly appreciated by staff.

Many thanks again, and I hope that you have gone on to make an uneventful recovery!