"about my son"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

(as a parent/guardian),

my son went to cam for a long time but did nothing about his illness so he stop going as he found that they was not helping him one bit. only last night my son tried to kill his self but he had been put on meds then I would never had to go through last night so I would like to say a big thank you for doing nothing

I am so very sorry to read your story about the CAMHS service and how you feel nothing was done to help your son. This is a terribly distressing time for your son and for you and your family.

It must have been difficult for you to write about this but thank you for taking the time to tell us what you think as we can only improve when we hear feedback and I'm sorry on this occasion that it was traumatic.

I want to reassure you that I have contacted the manager of the service and you can expect to receive another posting in response to my initial reply. I would expect them to give you an opportunity to discuss what went wrong in confidence and to work out the next steps to prevent this happening again.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time

Yours Sincerely

Jane Danforth

Response from Samantha Sykes, CAMHS Operational Manager / Clinical Nurse Specialist, Head 2 Head Team., Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I can only echo Jane's sincere comments above, and apologise for your poor experience of our services. I can assure you that we would really like to hear from you so that we can talk about what you and your son didnt find helpful and so we can try and improve the experiences of other people. I hope that your son is now getting input from services and that you both find this helpful. I can be contcated on 01159560842 and I look forward to hearing from you soon. My thoughts are with you and your son.