"Overall my experience was very good and I feel that the staff are good and kind"

Although overall my experience was very good and I feel that the staff are good and kind, I feel my stay on Redwood 1 so far has been acceptable except some of the food could have been better quality.

Please could the ward have a pool table (pub sized) for the men to play on and occupy their time.

Could the ward of Redwood 1 please have a full sized basketball hoop and net, with backboard bolted down on the courtyard.

At a suitable place, for patients and friends to pass the time of days.

Thank you for sharing your story about Redwood 1. I was glad to read that staff have been good and kind to you and note your comments about food and how it could be better. I will pass this posting onto the ward manager who may be able to talk to you in more detail about your requests for sports equipment to help pass the time and I will mention the catering too. There are opportunities to talk in community meetings about suggestions and requests and staff are always keen to listen to your feedback.

Best wishes to you for your continued recovery

Jane

Response from Steven Daykin, Ward Manager , Redwood 1, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

I am glad to hear that your experience was in the whole a good one, with regard to the quality of food, Redwood 1 have a community meeting issues of this nature can be discussed and then be passed onto the catering meeting which is held at highbury to collate this information. In response to the request for a pool table and badsketball hoop, this is currently in the process of being ordered and I am in hope that these will both be new therapeutic additions to the ward and help assist in creating an improved environment and ways to encourage social engagement and physical activity. I hope this answers your post, if there is anything further you wish to discuss please feel free to contact me on the ward directly.

I thank you again for your post and you comments

Response from Steven Daykin, Ward Manager , Redwood 1, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust We have made a change

I thought I would update you on this and you will be pleased to know our Basketball hoop arrived in November along with our new specially made pool table. They are both being well used and have created something for current patients to have access to exercise with the Basketball hoop (weather permitting) and some happy competitive atmoshere within the ward in some ward organised pool competitions..