"Appreciation of staff and consultant in particular..."

I had never been to this hospital before and was referred to this (presumably) private hospital by my own GP, on the NHS for a relatively minor but very 'private' operation. The consultant immediately put me at ease. He was very professional in his attitude yet also very personable. He told me everything I needed to know and answered every question I asked. At no time did he talk 'down' to me, as has unfortunately happened to me in the past - despite being 61 yrs. of age. After the operation I was virtually pain free the whole time. I did suffer a little discomfort but I was still amazed by the lack of pain and how the whole thing went. The receptionists were great, the nurses were great and all in all, apart from the immediate circumstances, it was a very enjoyable and pain free experience.

Response from Spire Elland Hospital

Glad to hear things are going well after your operation. I have spoken with your consultant to make him aware that his bedside manner was well received. It is a boost to the team to know they are appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Kind regards, Chris Harrison - Hospital Director.