"Staff on delivery suite were great ..."

About: Royal Blackburn Hospital

Staff on delivery suite were great when i came in july 2007.

improvements on cleanliness is a must on all ward, when i came in to give birth july 2007 the delivery suite that i was in had blood staines on the floor, telephone, buzzer and on the oxygen mask i was disgusted. All i could think was to get out from there, this is why there are number of cases related to MRSA. After i had given birth i went down to post-natal ward, i didnt recieve much help at all in fact one of the nurses came up to me and said looks like you can go home in the next 4 hours. I was shocked and couldnt believe that she had said that it felt as though there didnt care and were trying to get rid of patients. I think overall their need more assistants on wards and what has happened to the manners, i would rather give birth home than in a hospital. But staff on delivery suite were fantastic overall.

Response from Royal Blackburn Hospital

We take your comments left on the website with great concern as we are a nationally awarded service. We try and make sure that child birth is an enjoyable experience for all parties involved and we would like you to contact us directly on contact@elht.nhs.uk so that we can investigate your comments fully and respond to all your comments after being fully investigated.