"A good experience"

About: The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

I had to have a colonoscopy under the Bowel Cancer Screening Programme.. I was terrified having had an awful experience at Darenth Valley Hospital 3 years ago. I was very happy with my care at Pembury - there were nurses employed with the Bowel Screening Programme who were excellent but the hospital endoscopy nurses were lovely and really helpful and kind. It made such a difference as the ones at Darenth were very offhand and would not engage. The sister and her team made me feel valued and safe. The colonoscopy surgeon was very patient and guided me through it. Very different from my previous experience which had left me traumatised and feeling violated. I would recommend this department to anyone. NHS at its best. Also they did not find any cancer.

Response from The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding the Gastrointestinal teams at The Tunbridge Wells Hospital. We will ensure that your compliments are passed on to the staff directly. If there is anything else we can assist you with in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at mtwpals@nhs.net, Kind regards The PALS Team (SG)