"Counsellor was very interested, listened to me and was easy to talk to"

About: Six Degrees Social Enterprise (CIC)

I found my councillor to be very interested, to listen to me and easy to talk to. After sessions I felt more in control, but this was mainly due to medication I'm on.

She did give me some guidance as to how I should be thinking but I can't honestly say if it was her or medication.

However, I didn't have many sessions and decided to stop. She said I am free to come back at any time.

I think I expected her to give me some suggestions from her point of view, as it keeps asking questions which I found difficult to explain in some instances.

Response from Chardworth Dhliwayo, Operational Manager, Six Degrees Social Enterprise We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are happy that you found our colleague to be interested and easy to talk to. It appears you were expecting our colleague to provide you with some suggestions. Though we do provide some suggestions, we usually try and support people to explore their own potential solutions to their concerns.

We however take on board what you have said, as we need to adapt to the individual needs of the people we are working with. We will share your comments with the rest of the team to make sure we all adjust our approach accordingly. Best wishes.

Response from Chardworth Dhliwayo, Operational Manager, Six Degrees Social Enterprise We have made a change

Thank you once again for providing us with this feedback. We just wanted to update you and let you know that we have refined our supervision structures and we are working more closely on helping all practitioners to adapt their approach based on different needs. Best wishes.