"Hygiene excellent and care excellent"

About: North Devon District Hospital / Maxillo-Facial surgery

Referred by dentist for hospital extraction of tooth: further health problem of bone cancer since 2005 being treated by biphosohonate monthly IV infusions and latterly monthly injections (carries risk for dental surgery and need for extra care).

Dr Mumford did x-rays and was excellent taking on board all health problems. Made sure I was going to be treated solely by her and not anyone else - I felt reassured by this. She dearly knew the associated risks.

In mid August I had extraction under local anesthetic. Hygiene excellent and care excellent, friendly and efficient. I am very impressed by the organisation of the department. X-ray, initial appointment and surgery all running smoothly without undue waiting, appointments made quickly.

Helpful and welcoming staff.

Dear patient - thank you for posting your comments on the website.

I was pleased to read that your treatment pathway all went so smoothly and quickly, and that you found both the Doctor and staff involved with your care so helpful and welcoming.

I have shared your positive comments with the Dental and X-ray departments where I know they will be warmly received by all the staff.

Many thanks