"Because of the talks my eating habits changed"

About: Inclusion Matters Liverpool

I did not know what was expected of me and how it would turn out.

Ann made me feel at ease and it was quite enjoyable. In my talks with Ann I explained my problems were over shopping even though I knew it was comfort eating and out of control shopping.

Ann explained in the talks that it was the big picture that was affecting the way I thought. I was over shopping and eating in something to do and I had to change and put in place other things, like day out and eat out, or go to the movies.

Ann said I was putting to much thought into "don't think about it, do it". With this in mind and because of Ann I had a great day out in New Brighton.

Because of the talks my eating habits changed. I lost weight (a stone), the hospital were happy. My HB1C and blood pressure were low and my outlook on life has improved.

My bank balance looks good, I don't shop the way I do which makes a more healthy life. I cannot express how grateful I am for the change.

Response from Sian Kavanagh, Manager, Inclusion Matters

Dear Humble694

It sounds like you've made considerable progress in many aspects of your life since engaging with treatment with IML; well done!

Thank you so much for going to the trouble of posting your experience on Patient Opinion. I will make sure Ann knows about this post.

Keep up the good work.