"Waiting time"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital / X-ray and Scans

I called Radiology at Canterbury this morning. After 11 minutes was able to speak with Dr Rand's secretary who was kind and helpful. I was put through to Radiology and kept on hold, waiting a total of 34 minutes and gave up.

'Sorry to keep your waiting, your call will be answered as soon as posible'.

This is total rubbish. This is appalling service.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for providing feedback and I am sorry about the long wait you had on the telephone. I will raise this with the Radiology team as patients having to wait for this length of time is very distressing, please accept my apology for this. Thank you also for your kind comments with regard to Dr Rand's secretary, we are very proud of our staff who provide great care in a kind and helpful way.

Please feel free to contact me on sally.smith2@nhs.net if you would like me to take forward the issue you were calling for. Thank you again for taking the trouble to feedback.

Update posted by Miguelito (the patient)

I am very grateful for your response - thank you.

I just hope that the melt-down affecting the radiology services within EKHUFT can be resolved. I understand that the fault is not that of clinical or admin staff, who are probably equally frustrated, and have to deal with upset people like me. I wonder if this is a management problem.

Thank you again. I received some feedback from Radiology this afternoon who are setting up a call centre again on Monday. This should hopefully prevent someone else experiencing what you did. Thank you again for providing feedback - very much appreciated.