"shambles"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

On a visit to the eye department appt at 10 am, not seen till 11.30am.best part of 70 people waiting.a lot of elddrley stood up as no chairs available.complere shambles re appointment. Should have had eye drops but no instructions given re this so could not have an eye test which had been brought forward on top of another test appointment.tried to combine two appointments in to one but never told me.would not have known one of the appointments had be altered if I had not enquired.total shambles. Got to re book and suffer the time wait again.complaining gets you nowhere.they just say sorry. Imprinted in NHS sayings meaning noted but bnothing will happen it will be the same next time you visit.just write to us and have hassle involved in complaining. Just cant be doing with it.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry that you experienced such difficulties please contact me at Patient and Customer Services so I can investigate and respond appropriately.

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not been responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams for them to reflect and learn from your experience so that improvements could be made in the services we offer.

Patient and Customer Services Manager