"In shock and disbelief!!"

About: University Hospital Of North Tees

Absolutely disgusted! Firstly i will point out, i had a 5 day stay at this hospital, and apart from a couple of very minor gripes, i would say the overall experience was fine. However, after suffering with my gall bladder for several months, the "sludge" in my gall bladder had got infected and was swollen to a point it would be too dangerous to operate. So i was discharged, with 2 strong antibiotics, and told i would be called back in 4 to 6 weeks for the operation to remove my gall bladder. On exactly 4 weeks from discharge, i am feeling ill again, with the symptoms of the infection returning. Phoned the hospital this morning as have still not received appointment for op, only to be told there's nothing been put in my file regarding the operation. So now i'm ill and in agony again, and no closer to being operated on than i was some 4 or 5 month ago. Brilliant!!!

Response from University Hospital Of North Tees

We are concerned to hear about your experience. We would like to invite you to discuss your concerns with our patient experience team. Please ring the team on 01642 624719 or contact patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.