"A very positive experience at a time of acute pain..."

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I have needed to visit the Lincoln County hospital on two separate occasions in the last week. The first visit was to the 'out of hours' section where the treatment was timely and very efficient. My problem, acute pain in the lower abdomen, was looked at thoroughly and appropriate medicines provided. Last night I had a more painful bout of pain and visited the A&E section. I was admitted to the ward for observations and tests. Again the staff were thorough in their handling of my pain, the tests and results carried out urgently and my position discussed with the Doctor on duty. All the staff were excellent in the handling of my condition. There was considerate care and attention given at all times and the fullest of explanations, partricularly by the Doctor/Consultant. I would like to thank all those on duty last night for their care and attention given to me and my wife. Vernon Goddard

Dear Mr. Goddard; thank you for telling us about the good care you received; being in pain is in itself very worrying and makes you feel extremely vulnerable, so the care you described such as getting timely tests, results and explanations is as important as painkillers in terms of overall care - so it was good to hear that this. I hope you are now well and the pain is settled or gone, thank you again for your feedback.

Response from Lincoln County Hospital