"A & E"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

My elderly mother was taken by ambulance to Margate following a bad fall at home; she sustained trauma to the face and one arm. The doctor on duty didn't know how to treat a nosebleed and was corrected by a nurse!! In total she was in the department for 7.5 hours during which time she was not offered a drink of any kind nor any food. When asked a doctor said she could have a drink and food and seemed somewhat surprised at the question. No treatment was offered/suggested for the severly bruised/damaged arm - this was given by a doctor at William Harvey some hours later. The nasal cavity was not examined at Margate to the surprise of the doctor at Ashford. The sum total of 7.5hours at the hospital was a visit to the Xray dept. and observation of the nose to see if it bled again. The whole experience was very unsatisfactory and we will endeavour to use an alternative hospital if one is needed in the future.

Thank you for providing feedback about your mother's experience - aim sorry that you were unhappy with the service provided. Please do contact me by email and I will endeavour to see this through for you.

Normally the service provided by staff at QEQM hospital in Margate receives positive feedback and so I am sorry this was not the case - my email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net.

I hope your mother is recovering well from her fall, and I am glad that you were happy with the service provided by the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford.