"A shortage of pillows"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

Many members of my family have been admitted to the hospital over the last couple of years including myself some with serious life threatening illness others like myself to give birth and we have had fantastic nurses and excellent care - but one thing that has put a dampener on all the cases is the lack of pillows.

My mother with a blood clot to the lung ended up with a blanket under her head which was stiff and uncomfortable. The nurses tried their best to make it better by putting a pillow case on it.

Then my grandfather after having a asthma attack also had no pillow. When you ask for one you are told they are like gold dust and if you find one you are lucky.

When you feel your worst and for some think your dying or are actually dying, the last thing you want is to worry about whether or not you will be lucky enough to have a bit of comfort like a pillow!

Thank you for raising the subject of pillows which we will pass to our Director of Nursing.

Response from Janice Bradfield, Senior Communications and Membership Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

We are pleased to say we are ordering more pillows which should improve the stock around the hospital.