"Our time in Broadgreen Day Ward - Rapid Lung..."

About: The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

On 30/8/13 I accompanied my mother for lung tests at Broadgreen Hospital. We were admitted to the Day Ward where, from the moment we arrived, we were greeted by friendly, helpful and efficient staff. Everything which was about to happen was explained to my 81 year old mother clearly but without that patronising tone often imposed on the elderly. We were seen quickly by both the nursing staff and the registrar. Our two names nurses excellent. All I can say if there is an Employee of the Month competition then they should be in strong contention. They were compassionate, patient, warm and human. The ward was bright and clean full of cheerful, purposeful professionals. Congratulations to the whole unit. They made what could have been a stressful day very smooth.

Response from The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

Thank you for your very kind comments about the day ward your mother was admitted to. We are pleased that you had such a good experience of our respiratory medicine service and will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our staff.