"Emergency midwife"

About: King's Mill Hospital

Started bleeding at 14 weeks pregnant, I contacted the community midwife with no luck just a recorded message to not leave a message! I then contacted the emergency midwife number which went through to the hospital. I was told by a very rude nurse it was nothing to do with them as I was not 19weeks or above. I apologised and asked who do I ring?! She said your community midwife I explained I could not get through and she replied it was nothing to do with them. No advice, no patient care and this ladies attitude was appalling to a women in great distress of the thought of losing her baby! I dread going back to kingsmill for antenatal care! Feel very let down.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for letting us know about your concerns. We do not want anyone to be worried about attending our hospital and would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further about this. If you would like our assistance please contact our Customer Services Department on 01623 672222 (open Monday to Friday 8.30 to 5.00pm). If you do call please would you be kind enough to quote our reference number: 49285. Many thanks, Customer Services.