"Colonoscopy cancelled without informing me"

About: Southampton NHS Treatment Centre

I have been referred to the RSH for consultation regarding my ongoing GI problems. My GP referred me first for an Endoscopy, booked on the choose and book website and scheduled for tomorrow morning. Thinking it odd that I hadn't had a confirmation letter I just logged on to check the time and discover it has in fact been cancelled but I haven't been informed. It appears the consultant or team I have been referred to have arbitrarily referred on to colorectal surgery which is another 3 month wait. The message on the choose and book site suggested I call the original consultant to find out why I wont be going in the morning. Absolutely shambolic and its a good job I found out when I did before I travelled. I will be making a complaint as this is the second time this has happened, albeit for different referrals but at the very least a phone call to advise me I would be going elsewhere wouldn't have gone amiss.

Response from Patient Opinion

Response posted on behalf of Southampton NHS Treatment Centre, Care UK:

We are very sorry that your experience when booking your appointment was not satisfactory and resulted in a cancelled appointment. However, we cannot respond to your concerns, in particular your comment regarding your potential 3 month wait because you did not leave your contact details. Therefore, would be grateful if you could contact us again via our Main Reception number 023 80712000 and speak to one of our Senior Managers at which time we would be pleased to investigate what happened in this instance and respond more fully.